Last updated: January 10, 2020
“Data Controller”: means L-Acoustics Group or any of its subsidiaries who have determined the data processing means and purposes. They may vary on a case by case basis.
“Data Subject”: means any natural person whose personal data is being processed by L-Acoustics.
“Personal Data”: means any is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that allow you to be identified and which is subject to, or otherwise afforded protection under, a data protection law, statute, or regulation.
“Technical and Organizational Security Measures”: means measures aimed at protecting Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of Personal Data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
3. Who is in charge of data processing?
4. What types of Personal Data may we process?
a. Personal Data we may collect directly from you
When you visit our Sites, we may ask you for Personal Data to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. You may also provide Personal Data to us when you contact or engage with us (e.g., with a comment, inquiry or customer support request, site visitors) or register for an account to use our Sites.
The Personal Data we may collect from you when you use our Sites, or when you contact or engage with us, may include:
- Identity data, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country);
- Registration data, such as information provided by you when you register for an account to use our Sites, including user names and passwords;
- Recruitment data, includinginformation submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry (as described below);
- Business contact data, such as information related to other employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of a third-party organization (e.g., business, company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit, or government agency);
- Marketing and communications data, including your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications;
- Financial information, including credit card or other financial account information for the purpose of enabling us to facilitate your purchase of L-Acoustics products and services that may be available on our Sites;
- Export control information, such as your nationality, citizenship and country of residence, that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- Transaction data, includinginquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you, including purchase order history and information needed to facilitate payment transactions;
- Event registration information, including information you provide when filling in e-registration forms; and
- Your feedback, including surveys, recommendations, or other feedback from you about our Sites as well as our products and services generally.
When you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
b. Personal Data we may collect about you
We may collect certain information about your visit to our Sites, including:
- Usage data, including information about how you use our Sites, what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the Site, the website from which you linked to one of our Sites and other actions taken within the Sites; and
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language and your operating system.
For information about the cookies we use on our Sites, please refer to the section entitled “Cookies” below.
c. Personal Data collected from third parties
d. Notice for residents of the European Economic Area (EEA)
In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your Personal Data in which case we are not obliged to comply with your request.
5. Why do we collect and use Personal Data?
We may use the Personal Data collected via our Sites or when you contact us for purposes that include:
- Services and transactions. We may use your Personal Data to deliver services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on
L-Acoustics products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, replacing product manuals, answering customer service requests and facilitating the use of our Sites.
- Improving our business, Sites, products and services. We may use your Personal Data to perform business analyses or for other purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services (including new products and services), for example, by customizing our Sites to your particular preferences or interests.
- Business Contact Data. L-Acoustics collects and uses business contact data to engage in communications or transactions, including for conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving, a product or service. We may collect and use business contact data in order to facilitate and manage orders, contracts, warranties, maintenance, and similar business functions, for credit analysis and collection purposes, to assist with our own internal compliance and legal requirements, and (if necessary) to defend our interests and claims.
- Research and analysis. We may use your Personal Data to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- Enforcement: We may use the Personal Data we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Sites.
6. The legal basis on which we process Personal Data
Where required by law, we will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In most cases the legal basis will be that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the services we provide to you, or in order to take steps (at your request) prior to, and anticipation of, performing, such services;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations and governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas;
- the processing is based on your consent to the processing of your Personal Data for one or more specified purposes (e.g. marketing); or
- the processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interests, for example to develop and improve our Sites, products and/or services for the benefit of our customers.
7. Anonymizing Personal Data
8. How long we keep Personal Data?
9. Who do we share Personal Data with?
We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties in accordance with applicable law, including as set out below.
- Service providers. We may share your Personal Data with companies with which we have contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, conducting surveys, processing transactions, analyzing our Sites and performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services. We require these service providers to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
- Distributors and other trusted business partners. We may share your Personal Data with third parties that distribute our products and other trusted business partners for purposes that include allowing those third parties to send marketing communications to you. Such sharing of Personal Data for marketing purposes will be performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your Personal Data to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment of the transaction.
- Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons L-Acoustics decides to sell, buy, divest, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. We may disclose Personal Data we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of all or a portion of L-Acoustics’ assets.
In the event that you facilitate a transaction with L-Acoustics, request information, a product, or services from L-Acoustics, or otherwise engage with us, and such activities require L-Acoustics to share your Personal Data with a service provider or other third party, you hereby direct L-Acoustics to intentionally disclose your Personal Data to the service provider or third party as described herein, provided the service provider or third party does not, in its reasonable judgment, sell the Personal Data, unless that disclosure would be consistent with the law.
10. International transfers
We are a global company. By using or accessing our Sites or contacting us and giving your information to us, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Data may be collected in, transferred to and accessed by L-Acoustics, our group companies, suppliers, distributors and other business partners and/or agents located in countries outside of your country or residence, including, but not limited to, the United States and Singapore, in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your Personal Data, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and to provide a level of protection of Personal Data that is comparable to that of your country of residence.
11. Technical and Organizational Security Measures
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, including implementation of such security measures as may be required by applicable law. However, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a User ID and password to access the Sites, you are responsible for keeping those log-on credentials confidential and not revealing them to others.
12. Cookies and similar technologies
a. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory when you visit one of our Sites. Cookies are useful because they help arrange the content and layout of our Sites and allow us to recognize those computers or other devices that have been to our Sites before. Cookies do many different activities, such as allowing our Sites to remember your preference settings and helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our Sites and your experience using them.
Our Sites also may contain electronic images known as web beacons that allow us to count the number of users who have visited specific pages. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
b. Categories of cookies and similar technologies that we use
The type of cookie or similar technology that may be used on our Sites can be put into 1 of 4 categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality & Profile and Advertising.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential for basic functionalities of our Sites, and they enable you to move around our Sites and use their features, particularly in connection with information searches and order placement. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. Example of strictly necessary cookies: a login/ authentication cookie which allows and manages your login to the Site and identifies you after logging in for a single session. These types of cookies are regularly stored only as long as required for their purpose.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Sites, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect information that is used to improve how our Sites work. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Sites are performing and make relevant improvements that could better your browsing experience.
- Functionality & Profile Cookies. These cookies allow our Sites to store information that you provide, such as preferences, and to store technical information useful for your interactions with our Sites. For instance, they remember your user ID and elements of your user profile. They also ensure that your experience using the Sites is relevant to you. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies will not be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices you have previously made or personalize your browsing experience. For example, we may use a cookie to store your language preferences, which allows us to present you with product search results in the correct language.
- Advertising Cookies and Similar Technologies. These cookies or similar technologies may be used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit the times you see an advertisement as well as help to measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These cookies may track your visits to other websites. Without these cookies or other technologies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
c. Setting your cookie preference
You can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies and you can withdraw your consent at any time by modifying the settings of your browser to reject or disable cookies or by opting out of specific cookies through the opt-out options available to you. If you choose to decline cookies altogether, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the Sites that you visit.
13. What are you rights and responsibilities?
You are permitted, and hereby agree, to only disclose or otherwise provide any and all Personal Data (including personal on yourself or a third party) to L-Acoustics if such Personal Data is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship, and only to the extent such disclosure or provision will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation, or infringe upon any person’s data privacy rights or privileges.
- Access and Rectification: You may have the right to know about, access, and/or correct the Personal Data we have collected about you, including the categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected; the categories of sources from which the Personal Data is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting the Personal Data; and, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared, disclosed, or sold Personal Data and the purpose for doing so. In some cases, you can access your Personal Data by going to the webpage on which you provided the information. You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your mailing address, phone number or e-mail address.
- Object: You may be entitled to object to certain types of processing activities involving your Personal Data, including where we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data or where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your Personal Data in which case we are not obliged to comply with your request.
- Erasure: You may be entitled to request the erasure of your Personal Data, for example, where the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Restriction: You may be entitled to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data, for example, where the accuracy of the information is contested by you.
- Data portability: You may be entitled to receive and reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes. This is known as the right to data portability and, where applicable, requires us to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data from our systems to you or (where technically feasible) a third party chosen by you without affecting its usability.
If you believe our processing of your Personal Data does not comply with data protection law, you may be permitted to submit a complaint to the supervisory or regulatory authority responsible for overseeing compliance with data protection law in your jurisdiction. For example, Data Subjects in the EEA have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority, a list of which can be accessed at: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en. We would however appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please feel free to contact us regarding any complaint you may have.
If you have questions about your rights or wish to exercise your rights, you can submit privacy questions to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Links to other websites
Our Sites may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. We have no liability or responsibility for those websites, products and services, their policies, or their collection or other processing of your Personal Data. The practices of those third parties with respect to information collected through their websites, products or services is governed by their own privacy policies. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those third parties.
15. Contact us
Last updated: January 10, 2020.